[R-pkg-devel] [External] Re: What is a "retired"package?

Tue Sep 21 20:25:59 CEST 2021

I agree... but trouble is in the eyes of the beholder. If OP's approval process requires use of actively-maintained software, then use of code depending on one of these "retired"/"superceded" packages could indeed be a problem... for the OP. OP cannot expect to be able to impose those requirements on others though.