[R-pkg-devel] NOTE related to Miniconda installation

Maciej Nasinski n@@|n@k|@m@c|ej @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Sep 18 09:34:35 CEST 2021

Hey,

First of all I see that you need a numpy package so I assume some
matrix/tensor operations are done. There is no difference in performance
between R and Python if you are using proper BLAS and LAPACK.
 Windows users might use MRO MKL, Linux users openblas and the Mac os
vecLib has to be activated. I done some benchmarks some time ago,
https://github.com/Polkas/RPbenchmarks. Unfortunately they are done only
partly.

If we talking about system requirements as i see you need only python and a
one library numpy. As i remember rsconnect using python script and do not
need any additional system requirements.
https://github.com/rstudio/rsconnect/blob/main/inst/resources/environment.py.
they run it if python is available, if not other code is executed.

Have a nice day.

Best,
Maciej Nasinaki