[R-pkg-devel] Pre-test check fails with "non-standard things in check directory" on one platform

Thu Sep 2 14:02:14 CEST 2021

On 02/09/2021 6:29 a.m., Rainer M Krug wrote:
> Hi
>
> I submitted an update of the dmdScheme package and got the response back from the pre-submission check that it failed on one platform with the Note:
>
> * checking for non-standard things in the check directory ... NOTE
> Found the following files/directories:
>    ‘emeScheme’
>
> (Links to the logs are here:
>
> package dmdScheme_1.2.7.tar.gz does not pass the incoming checks automatically, please see the following pre-tests:
> Windows: <https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/dmdScheme_1.2.7_20210901_161445/Windows/00check.log>
>
> )
>
> This only occurs on the CRAN server and I can not reproduce it with rhub or locally on my Mac with 4.1.1.
>
> I can currently not check the level version, as it seems to be not compiling for Mac.
>
> Could somebody give any guidance, how to fix this? Which one is the “check directory"?

That's the one reported at the start of the log as the "log directory".

Fixing it is a little harder without more info.  That looks like a name
that you would have created, given the name of your package.  You should
look at your package source to figure out if there's an example or test
that created it but didn't delete it.