[R-pkg-devel] "Connections left open" Error

Avraham Adler @vr@h@m@@d|er @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 27 10:07:08 CEST 2021

On Fri, Aug 27, 2021 at 10:25 AM Uwe Ligges <ligges using statistik.tu-dortmund.de>
wrote:

> On 23.08.2021 18:07, Alan Aw wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I submitted a package to CRAN, but it keeps failing a particular check
> for
> > Windows. This error shows up when I check my code examples.
> >
> > Error: connections left open:
> >>          <-CRANwin.fb05.statistik.uni-dortmund.de:11602
> >> <http://cranwin.fb05.statistik.uni-dortmund.de:11602/> (sockconn)
> >>          <-CRANwin.fb05.statistik.uni-dortmund.de:11602
> >> <http://cranwin.fb05.statistik.uni-dortmund.de:11602/> (sockconn)
> >> Execution halted
> >

> > For context, my code example does the following.
> >
> > suppressWarnings(require(doParallel))
> >> registerDoParallel(cores = 2)
> >>

> > # Some code examples that use foreach and %dopar%
> >

> > stopImplicitCluster()
> >

> > Other contextual information:
> >
> >     - I already import doParallel in the DESCRIPTION file.
> >     - My package passes all checks on the Linux machine.
> >
> > I have read elsewhere (e.g., this thread
> > <https://github.com/HenrikBengtsson/future/issues/327>) that examples
> with
> > parallelization lead to this error. However stopImplicitCluster() does
> not
> > seem to fix it.
> >
> > Could someone familiar with this please troubleshoot? Thank you.
>
> No idea about the doParallel package, but perhaps it helps to open a
> cluster explicitly and in the end stop exactly that cluster?
>
> Best,
> Uwe Ligges
> >
> > Alan

As per Dr. Ligges, I’ve had more success closing the named cluster than
using stopImplicit.

Avi

> --
Sent from Gmail Mobile