[R-pkg-devel] "Connections left open" Error

Alan Aw @|@n@w1 @end|ng |rom berke|ey@edu
Mon Aug 23 18:07:14 CEST 2021

Hi,

I submitted a package to CRAN, but it keeps failing a particular check for
Windows. This error shows up when I check my code examples.

Error: connections left open:
>         <-CRANwin.fb05.statistik.uni-dortmund.de:11602
> <http://cranwin.fb05.statistik.uni-dortmund.de:11602/> (sockconn)
>         <-CRANwin.fb05.statistik.uni-dortmund.de:11602
> <http://cranwin.fb05.statistik.uni-dortmund.de:11602/> (sockconn)
> Execution halted

For context, my code example does the following.

suppressWarnings(require(doParallel))
> registerDoParallel(cores = 2)

# Some code examples that use foreach and %dopar%

stopImplicitCluster()

Other contextual information:

   - I already import doParallel in the DESCRIPTION file.
   - My package passes all checks on the Linux machine.

I have read elsewhere (e.g., this thread
<https://github.com/HenrikBengtsson/future/issues/327>) that examples with
parallelization lead to this error. However stopImplicitCluster() does not
seem to fix it.

Could someone familiar with this please troubleshoot? Thank you.

Alan