[R-pkg-devel] WinBuilder error: dependency version not available

Carrie Tribble ctr|bb|e09 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Aug 16 21:21:39 CEST 2021

Dear Berry,

Thanks for your reply! I was away from my computer until now. We also
submitted to CRAN, but the dependency version is still causing an error:

package RevGadgets_1.0.0.tar.gz does not pass the incoming checks
> automatically, please see the following pre-tests:
> Windows: <
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/RevGadgets_1.0.0_20210805_041017/Windows/00check.log

> Debian: <
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/RevGadgets_1.0.0_20210805_041017/Debian/00check.log

Please fix all problems and resubmit a fixed version via the webform.
> If you are not sure how to fix the problems shown, please ask for help on
> the R-package-devel mailing list:
> If you are fairly certain the rejection is a false positive, please
> reply-all to this message and explain.

More details are given in the directory:
> <
> https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/RevGadgets_1.0.0_20210805_041017/
> >
> The files will be removed after roughly 7 days.

The ERROR referenced is the same ggtree version error, and the Note is
simply that this is a first time CRAN submission. Is there any way that a
bioconductor package could be manually installed on WinBuilder? If so,
perhaps we could ask the dependency's maintainer to help us out and upload
the new version themselves. Other ideas would be very welcome --- we have a
deadline for getting the package on CRAN so waiting for the dependency to
be updated is not an ideal solution for us!

Thanks again for your help and suggestions!
Carrie

Carrie M. Tribble, PhD <http://carrietribble.weebly.com/>
Postdoctoral Researcher in the Zenil-Ferguson Lab
<https://roszenil.github.io/>
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa