[R-pkg-devel] Workaround for code/documentation mismatch

Andrew Simmons @kw@|mmo @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 11 05:25:33 CEST 2021

Hello,

I've written two functions to emulate do while/until loops seen in other
languages, but I'm having trouble documenting its usage. The function is
typically used like:

do ({
    expr1
    expr2
}) %while% (cond)

so I want to document it something like:

do(expr) %while% (cond)
do(expr) %until% (cond)

to look like the documentation for 'while' and 'if', but R CMD check
produces a "Code/documentation mismatch" warning, complaining that the
documentation should look like:

expr %while% cond
expr %until% cond

So, my question is, is there a way to bypass the
* checking for code/documentation mismatches
portion of R CMD check, at least for one file? Some way to acknowledge that
the code and documentation will mismatch, but that's okay.

Thank you!