[R-pkg-devel] WinBuilder error: dependency version not available

Carrie Tribble ctr|bb|e09 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Aug 6 22:34:31 CEST 2021

I am in the final stages of preparing an R package
<https://github.com/cmt2/RevGadgets/tree/development> to submit to CRAN.
The package passes devtools::check() locally, GitHub Actions on multiple
systems (including windows), devtools::check_rhub() remotely, and
rhub::check_on_windows(check_args = "--force-multiarch"). However, it fails
on WinBuilder.

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions. More details below:

You can see the full WinBuilder log here:
 https://win-builder.r-project.org/kTnuoY4Kqo8B/00check.log
<https://win-builder.r-project.org/kTnuoY4Kqo8B/00check.log>

* checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
> Maintainer: 'Carrie Tribble <ctribble09 using gmail.com>' New submission Possibly
> misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
> RevBayes (3:45, 22:92)
> * checking package namespace information ... OK
> * checking package dependencies ... ERROR
> Package required and available but unsuitable version: 'ggtree' See
> section 'The DESCRIPTION file' in the 'Writing R Extensions'
> manual.
> * DONE

We require the latest version of ggtree, a bioconductor package.
Unfortunately, this latest version is necessary for our package to
function. What's the best way to get access to that version of ggtree on
WinBuilder?

You can see the log for the successful rhub check_on_windows run here:
https://builder.r-hub.io/status/RevGadgets_1.0.0.tar.gz-8367c3a164ad47379c8bd89c81347ceb,
and find the package on GitHub here:
https://github.com/cmt2/RevGadgets/tree/development.

Thank you!

Carrie M. Tribble, PhD <http://carrietribble.weebly.com/>
Postdoctoral Researcher in the Zenil-Ferguson Lab
<https://roszenil.github.io/>
University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa