[R-pkg-devel] can't reproduce 'Additional issues' on CRAN with valgrind

Georgi Boshnakov georg|@bo@hn@kov @end|ng |rom m@nche@ter@@c@uk
Mon Aug 2 19:11:14 CEST 2021

An update to my package rbibutils triggered 'Additional issues' on CRAN from valgrind, CRAN Package Check Results for Package rbibutils (r-project.org)<https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_rbibutils.html>.

However, running the checks with -use-valgrind  on my machine gives zero errors.
I am on Ubuntu (the latest stable version), my R-devel installation was updated earlier today and I rebuild it adding the
--with-valgrind-instrumentation=2 to the call to configure.
Valgrind coming with Ubuntu is 3.5.0, so I installed its latest version from  github (also no errors).

rbibutils has no dependencies, except that testthat is used for testing.

What am I missing? Do I need to have a separate library for the instrumented R-devel version?

As a side note, is there a way to find out if R has been built with valgrind? It seems that 'capabilities()' and 'R CMD config' do not offer this information.

Thanks,
Georgi Boshnakov