[R-pkg-devel] Adding package with 3rd party library to CRAN: legal question

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Sun Jul 25 15:16:44 CEST 2021

A package can have one or more licneses, but they have to apply to the
whole package, otehrwise the componentes havbe to be distributed separately.

Also note that CRAN accepts FOSS licenses. This sounds like a case that
CRAN will not agree to distribute the (non FOSS) binaries.

Best,
Uwe Ligges