[R-pkg-devel] Spelling and manual CRAN inspection

Fri Jul 16 19:07:29 CEST 2021

Spelling has different importance to different people. You are expressing a value judgement that differs from the values of R Core, but are presenting your opinion as if they are facts. My point is that your challenging attitude IMO makes having a conversation about those concerns difficult. (I am not associated with R Core in any way, and do in fact empathize with your frustration with the process.)

I think it is worth pointing out that spelling errors in the DESCRIPTION file are of greater significance than other areas of a package as they can affect assignment of responsibility and permissions, as well as reflecting poorly on the CRAN summary web pages. I suspect that problems with DESCRIPTION files in the past lead to this requirement.

I would encourage you to pause for a day or two before sending off messages like this in the future... a lesson I have learned the hard way myself.