[R-pkg-devel] package test returns error when R version 4.1.0

Thu Jul 8 18:24:34 CEST 2021

On 8 July 2021 at 10:41, Uwe Ligges wrote:
| It was likely an interim version of Rcpp (which never made it to CRAN)
| that was causing trouble.

Yup, our bad.

While we test against 2300+ reverse depends, we only test against them _under
the most recent versions we have seen_ which affects the Rcpp under test, and
we do not have an (explicit) test vector for these 2300+ packages tested
against everything built under the _CRAN_ version of Rcpp.  So the need for
one small adjustment slipped til we made it to CRAN, which caused this issue,
and one for broom.mixed (as we communicated off-list to Ben).

In short, no matter how large you try to span your test coverage and surface,
there will always be a residual chance for something slipping through.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org