[R-pkg-devel] Error uploading package to CRAN that depends on packages hosted in GitHub

David Enrique Payares García d@v|dp@y@re@g @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jul 7 11:29:20 CEST 2021

Hello everybody,

I developed an R package that depends on packages hosted in GitHub.
In the DESCRIPTION file, I added the R packages (from GitHub ) in the
"Suggests" section and I included a copy of them in my personal GitHub so
they can be accessed in the "Additional_repositories:" section.

Suggests:
    rmarkdown,
    ANTsR,
    ANTsRCore,
    ITKR,
    extrantsr,
    MNITemplate,
    RAVEL
Imports:
    knitr,
    oro.nifti,
    fslr,
    neurobase
Depends:
    R (>= 3.5)
Additional_repositories: https://davidpayares.github.io/drat

A copy of the R packages my package needs is in
https://davidpayares.github.io/drat .
When I submit the package to CRAN, I get this error:

Suggests or Enhances not in mainstream repositories:
    ANTsR, ANTsRCore, ITKR, extrantsr, MNITemplate, RAVEL
  Availability using Additional_repositories specification:
    ANTsR         yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
    ANTsRCore     yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
    ITKR          yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
    extrantsr     yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
    MNITemplate   yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat
    RAVEL         yes   https://davidpayares.github.io/drat

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: package dependencies, Result: ERROR
  Packages suggested but not available for checking:
    'ANTsR', 'ANTsRCore', 'ITKR', 'extrantsr', 'MNITemplate', 'RAVEL'

  Namespace dependencies missing from DESCRIPTION Imports/Depends entries:
    'MNITemplate', 'RAVEL', 'extrantsr'

I found that this is the correct way to add dependencies that are not
hosted in CRAN. However, I do not understand why it is not working. If
anyone could help me, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much.

Cheers,

David Payares