[R-pkg-devel] package test returns error when R version 4.1.0

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jul 5 11:53:57 CEST 2021

I think the Bioconductor error on R-hub is a red herring. The error
message is printed, but the actual error is ignored. So this is really
only an issue if you do need a Bioconductor package for the check.

I think the issue might be that for R-devel CRAN binaries are x64
only, but R CMD INSTALL and R CMD check still try to install the
package for i386 as well. Dependencies (e.g. chron in this case) will
not be available on i386.

At least this is the issue for R-hub, because it uses CRAN binaries by
default: https://artifacts.r-hub.io/movecost_1.2.tar.gz-cbda0dbe4d7a414498921e9ab2a54aaf/movecost.Rcheck/00install.out

AFAICT Win-builder has its own package library, which might have i386
support, I don't know. So maybe the issue is different there.

Gabor