[R-pkg-devel] speeding up package code/build/test cycle

Gábor Csárdi c@@rd|@g@bor @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 24 23:53:34 CEST 2021

Actually, I see somewhat different things in RStudio, for me there is
no pre-clean (with the default options AFAIR).

I can reproduce the rebuilding for rgl, but not for other packages I
tried. I vaguely remember a similar issue for another package, which
also used autoconf. So this indeed might be a bug in devtools/pkgload
or some unfortunate interplay between load_all() and autoconf's
configure.

In general, it seems that both RStudio and devtools just use the
package directory, and the object files are in src/. For all the
packages I tried, I did not see an unneeded full rebuild.

G.