[R-pkg-devel] find functions with missing Rd tags

Alex Chubaty @|ex@chub@ty @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 23 19:58:09 CEST 2021

During a recent package submission process, a CRAN maintainer showed one of
their checks found missing \value{} documentation in some package Rd files,
and asked us to ensure all exported functions have their return values
described.

This check (for missing Rd values) is not run by the default checks, so I
have no idea how to quickly identify which functions are missing those
components, without manually inspecting everything. I am hoping that
someone here can tell me which special R CMD check incantation, or similar
I can use to find _exported_ functions with missing Rd tags.

Thank you,
Alex