[R-pkg-devel] fviz_nbclust

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Tue Jun 22 09:13:56 CEST 2021

On 22.06.2021 07:10, csmatyi wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am having difficulty installing the factoextra package. I want to run the fviz_nbclust command.
>
> Error message [truncated]:
>
> The downloaded source packages are in
> ‘/tmp/RtmpXEQfNc/downloaded_packages’
> Installation paths not writeable, unable to update packages
> path: /usr/lib/R/library
> packages:
> boot, KernSmooth, MASS, Matrix, mgcv, nnet, spatial
> Warning messages:
> 1: In .inet_warning(msg) :
> installation of package ‘curl’ had non-zero exit status
> 2: In .inet_warning(msg) :
> installation of package ‘rio’ had non-zero exit status
> 3: In .inet_warning(msg) :
> installation of package ‘car’ had non-zero exit status
> 4: In .inet_warning(msg) :
> installation of package ‘rstatix’ had non-zero exit status
> 5: In .inet_warning(msg) :
> installation of package ‘FactoMineR’ had non-zero exit status
> 6: In .inet_warning(msg) :
> installation of package ‘ggpubr’ had non-zero exit status
> 7: In .inet_warning(msg) :
> installation of package ‘factoextra’ had non-zero exit status
>
> I am using R version 3.6.3.

1. Wrong mailing list, this list is about package developement.

2. Time to upgrade.

3. Read the message: "Installation paths not writeable", so you have
insufficient permissions to write into the main library. EIther install
to another library or run the task with succifient permissions (sudo?).

Best,
Uwe Ligges