[R-pkg-devel] Question about preventing CRAN package archival

Ben Staton @t@tonbe @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jun 2 22:16:16 CEST 2021

Hi Everyone, thank you all for your responses.

I agree that I can replicate the three functions within matrixcalc that I
need with ease, even without copying and pasting the original code found in
that package and thus not creating any licensing issues.

I have checked the CRAN incoming boards (here
<https://lockedata.github.io/cransays/articles/dashboard.html>), and they
actually have a new version of matrixcalc coming through so hopefully this
issue will be resolved without my intervention.

On a related note, suppose that this issue does not get resolved before the
archival date, and my package gets archived. What would be the path for me
to have CRAN remove it from the archived list? Is it basically (1) fix the
issue that caused initial archival and (2) resubmit?

Thank you,
Ben