[R-pkg-devel] problem with submitting to CRAN (windows)

Krzysztof Bartoszek krzb@r @end|ng |rom protonm@||@ch
Wed Jun 2 12:17:12 CEST 2021

Dear all,
I am trying to submit an update of my mvSLOUCH package to CRAN an am getting the following problem from the automatic pretest:
Dear maintainer,

package mvSLOUCH_2.6.5.tar.gz does not pass (yesterday and today) the incoming checks automatically, please see the following pre-tests:
Windows: <https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/mvSLOUCH_2.6.5_20210602_103000/Windows/00check.log>

The windows error in https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/mvSLOUCH_2.6.5_20210602_103000/Windows/00install.out
is
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Error: object 'combinations' is not exported by 'namespace:gtools'
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'mvSLOUCH'

Interestingly when I today submited to winbuilder (devel) no such issues are raised (yesterday the same issue was raised by winbuilder-devel):
https://win-builder.r-project.org/Ou1tDLkY8HVB/

It feels a bit strange that this package dependency fails only for Windows, especially as neither mvSLOUCH nor any of the packages it imports from depend on gtools.

I would be very grateful for assistance.

Best wishes
Krzysztof Bartoszek

Sent with ProtonMail Secure Email.