[R-pkg-devel] What To Include In \donttest{}

Danielle Maeser m@e@e005 @end|ng |rom umn@edu
Thu May 27 06:10:13 CEST 2021

Thank you for your assistance. The link is very helpful.

However, I am still not sure what the difference is between the example
provided with \donttest{} and a vignette. It seems both display an example
of the function. For instance: the example below seems not too different
from a vignette:

\donttest{
name_of_function(parameters...)
}

Additionally, in order to set the parameters for this example in
\donttest{}, it seems I must include data for this function inside of the
man folder, which seems odd. I thought CRAN would ignore whatever code is
provided in \donttest{} (therefore, I wouldn't have to provide the data
here); however, the CRAN check complains that it does not know what these
parameters are (aka object 'parameters' is not known).

I'd appreciate any assistance you can provide.

--
Ph.D. Student
Bioinformatics and Computational Biology