[R-pkg-devel] Large data package

Ayala Hernandez, Rafael r@@y@|@14 @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Sun May 2 18:01:52 CEST 2021

Dear Dirk,

Thanks a lot for your detailed explanation. This is indeed the solution that I have found to work nicely, and indeed keeps the code equally tidy.
In fact, I am finding that using :: to access exported objects instead of ::: to access any object in the data package even helps me organize the code better, since I have a clear record of the interaction between the 2 packages (in the form of exports in the NAMESPACE of the Data package).
Together with conditional checks to ensure that the data package is available before running code that requires it, it seems to be the best solution to me.

Best wishes,

Rafa