[R-pkg-devel] R vignettes

Thu Apr 29 19:41:05 CEST 2021

On 29/04/2021 1:34 p.m., Danielle Maeser wrote:
> Hi Gabor,
>
> My full output is below:
> *   Error: object 'col_ed' is not exported by 'namespace:cli'
>     Execution halted
>     ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'packagename'
>           -----------------------------------
>     ERROR: package installation failed
>
> Error: 'col_ed' is not an exported object from 'namespace:cli'
> Execution halted
>
> Exited with status 1.*
> *
> *
> Unfortunately, I can't share a full reproducible example since this
> package is also included in a manuscript for publication.
>
> I don't export any objects named 'col_ed' so I am quite perplexed by
> this error message.

This isn't about exports, it's about imports.  R thinks you are trying
to use an object named col_ed from the cli package.

What I would do is search all source files in your package for "col_ed"
to see where it is being used.  Then figure out why R thinks you are
trying to get it from the cli package.