[R-pkg-devel] Including references in the DESCRIPTION file

Grün, Bettina bett|n@@gruen @end|ng |rom wu@@c@@t
Thu Apr 29 16:04:44 CEST 2021

Eugenio,

the CRAN submission checklist available at

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/submission_checklist.html

contains some information on how to write a suitable Description entry in
the DESCRIPTION file for CRAN packages.

This contains:

o Make the Description as informative as possible for potential new users
of your package. If in doubt, make the Description longer rather than
shorter, but try to avoid redundancies such as repetitions of the package name.

as well as

o Relevant citations should be included in the description. These should be
in author-year style, preferably followed by an identifier such as DOI,
arXiv id, or ISBN for published materials.

Best,
Bettina