[R-pkg-devel] Including references in the DESCRIPTION file

Eugenio López Cortegano e|corteg@no @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Apr 29 15:45:21 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I have been asked by a CRAN member to add references for methods used in
the package, in the description file of DESCRIPTION.

The format to do so seems to be:

authors (year) <doi...>
authors (year) <arXiv:...>
authors (year, ISBN:...)

However, I feel a bit unconfident about how to properly include these
changes, since I haven't find any other examples providing this information
in DESCRIPTION, and what I have read in 'Writing R extensions' is that the
Description field should be just one paragraph. Including these references
at the end of that field seems to break that rule to me.

Does anyone have experience with this or could provide a little more advice
about how to implement these changes?

Thank you,
Eugenio