[R-pkg-devel] Large data package

Ayala Hernandez, Rafael r@@y@|@14 @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Tue Apr 27 12:26:25 CEST 2021

Dear all,

I am in the process of including a large update for my package asteRisk, that will require the usage of large data files (amounting in total to ~100 MB).

Given the CRAN package size limits of 5 MB, I am wondering what is the preferred solution in these cases? I have read multiple possibilities, such as requesting to CRAN to host a data-only package that would be updated very infrequently, or hosting the data in another repository and providing functions in the main package to retrieve the required files.

Thanks a lot in advance for your comments

Best wishes,

Rafa