[R-pkg-devel] winUCRT failures

Sun Apr 25 18:52:21 CEST 2021

On 25 April 2021 at 11:46, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
| So yes, it is technically easy, and we could pool the resources. But nobody
| is driving it so (as has been the case for years) nothing changes. Ever.

Sorry, "nothing changes" is too harsh. We have in the last year or two gotten
a new test or two in R CMD check. But it is still true that what should be an
error still leads to needless failure and added confusion (c.f. beginning of
this thread).  We could do better, but won't as long as it isn't enforced.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org