[R-pkg-devel] how to provide an example for my package when I want to generate a figure

Berry Boessenkool berryboe@@enkoo| @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Tue Apr 13 22:19:36 CEST 2021

Hi Matthew,

see the notes on examples in function documentations here:
https://r-pkgs.org/man.html#man-functions
if you use the Roxygen setup (which I recommend)
or the corresponding info in WRE:
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-release/R-exts.html#Writing-R-documentation-files

Regards,
Berry

________________________________
From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of csmatyi <csmatyi using protonmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 22:04
To: R-package-devel using r-project.org <R-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [R-pkg-devel] how to provide an example for my package when I want to generate a figure

Hello all,

I have a fairly simple package I want to make. It takes two dataframes and then creates a jpeg (a heat map) based on the info in the dataframes.

I know how to put the code in the vignette.
But as to how to make an example, I don't know that. Would I put the code in the R code for the heat map?

How can I do this, it seems very foggy to me.

Thanks, Matthew