[R-pkg-devel] Package Vignette depends on Ensembl, server certificate issue?

Dr. Connie Brett conn|e @end|ng |rom @ggreg@te-gen|u@@com
Thu Apr 8 21:39:20 CEST 2021

Hello,
I have a package (DGEobj) that depends on the Ensembl service to look up information used to build the vignette.  My builds work fine on Travis, locally and on R-hub.  Occasionally I have seen blips with regard to internet-based resources not being available, and my vignette depends on a number of internet resources to get example datasets.  However when I submitted my package to CRAN today the failures Windows and Debian were that the server certificate verification failed ( SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate).
I’m not sure if there is something I can do about this or if this is considered a "false positive" per the email - it seems like a "wait and retry" issue.  I don’t want to be rude uploading the package again without a change or erroneously emailing in response to the rejection.
How should this be handled properly now and into the future?  It isn’t feasible to not use Ensembl for this vignette.
Thanks for your insight and feedback!

Flavor: r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: re-building of vignette outputs, Result: WARNING
 Error(s) in re-building vignettes:
 --- re-building 'DGEobj_Overview.Rmd' using rmarkdown

 Ensembl site unresponsive, trying asia mirror
 Quitting from lines 259-280 (DGEobj_Overview.Rmd)
 Error: processing vignette 'DGEobj_Overview.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
 SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate
 --- failed re-building 'DGEobj_Overview.Rmd'

 SUMMARY: processing the following file failed:
   'DGEobj_Overview.Rmd'

 Error: Vignette re-building failed.
 Execution halted

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: re-building of vignette outputs, Result: WARNING
 Error(s) in re-building vignettes:
 --- re-building 'DGEobj_Overview.Rmd' using rmarkdown

 Ensembl site unresponsive, trying asia mirror
 Quitting from lines 235-256 (DGEobj_Overview.Rmd)
 Error: processing vignette 'DGEobj_Overview.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
 server certificate verification failed. CAfile: none CRLfile: none