[R-pkg-devel] rtracklayer installation problems

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Apr 7 13:33:37 CEST 2021

(sorry, too quick on the return key)

From the Bioconductor 'devel' (3.13, used with R-devel) 'landing page' for rtracklayer

https://bioconductor.org/packages/devel/rtracklayer

The 'build' badge is red; clicking on it shows a build system problem with rtracklayer on Windows. Scrolling on the landing page to the bottom shows

Source Package	rtracklayer_1.51.5.tar.gz
Windows Binary
macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)	rtracklayer_1.51.5.tgz

so there is currently no Windows binary available. This is in the hands of the rtracklayer maintainer; there is a very high likelihood that it will be fixed, so either be patient or ask the rtracklayer maintainer directly to address this by, e.g., opening an issue at https://github.com/lawremi/rtracklayer

Martin Morgan

On 4/7/21, 6:32 AM, "R-package-devel on behalf of Gordon Brown" <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org on behalf of Gordon.Brown using cruk.cam.ac.uk> wrote:

    Hi, Rosario,

    The message is telling you that you need to install the development header files for glibc on your computer.  This is a set of files that are needed for building some kinds of software, but are not installed by default.  Are you working on some sort of Linux machine?  On Centos 8, the relevant package to install is called "glibc-headers".  On Ubuntu 20.04 it's "libc6-dev".  You'd need to run a command in the shell, something like:

    Centos:
    > sudo dnf install glibc-headers
    or
    > sudo yum install glibc-headers

    Ubuntu/Debian:
    > sudo apt install libc6-dev

    If it's Windows or Mac, I can't help...

    If you don't have root access on your host, or the above doesn't make sense to you, you will need to talk to whoever administers your computing environment, asking them to install the relevant package.

    Hope this helps.

     - Gord