[R-pkg-devel] Checking compiled code ... WARNING

Iñaki Ucar |uc@r @end|ng |rom |edor@project@org
Fri Mar 12 23:23:05 CET 2021

Now with the list in CC, apologies.

On Fri, 12 Mar 2021 at 21:12, Elysée Aristide <ariel92and using gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I checked (as cran) my package PartialNetwork
> <https://github.com/ahoundetoungan/PartialNetwork> and I got this warning.
>
> * checking compiled code ... WARNING
> File ‘PartialNetwork/libs/PartialNetwork.so’:
>     Found ‘__assert_fail’, possibly from ‘assert’ (C)
> Object: ‘RcppExports.o’

I cannot reproduce this. So this is most probably a local artifact
product of some local flag. E.g., _GLIBCXX_ASSERTIONS, which is set by
default in Fedora, is known to cause this kind of warning. Therefore
it is probably safe to send your package to CRAN.

To be sure, my suggestion is to use the rhub service to check your
package [1]. Settings there will probably be quite similar to CRAN.
And winbuilder, of course [2].

On the other hand, I see that your package takes *forever* to check.
That *is* a problem for a CRAN submission. You should try to
drastically reduce checking time, possibly skipping non-essential
tests and examples on CRAN.

[1] https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/rhub/index.html
[2] https://win-builder.r-project.org/

--