[R-pkg-devel] Why .Rbuildignore doesn't ignore?

Thu Mar 4 17:14:40 CET 2021

On 04/03/2021 8:09 a.m., Jose Barrera wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> devtools::check() gives me the following NOTE:
>
> * Non-standard files/directories found at top level:
>       ‘README.Rmd’ ‘miclust.Rproj’
>
> I get the same result with R CMD check --as-cran and R CMD check in a
> terminal.
>
> My .Rbuildignore includes both ^.*\.Rproj$ and ^README\.Rmd$.
>
> I haven't had this issue when checking another package I recently and
> successfully sent to CRAN, so I have no idea why I get that NOTE now.
>
> I would appreciate any help to know why .Rbuildignore seems not to ignore
> those files.

Are the files actually being included in the .tar.gz file produced by R
CMD build?  This could be a bug in devtools::check.  If you're using
RStudio, you can use the standard build and check functions by
unchecking the box for "Use devtools package functions if available".

Duncan Murdoch