[R-pkg-devel] Citation in DESCRIPTION file

Sebastian Meyer @eb@meyer @end|ng |rom |@u@de
Mon Feb 22 12:07:01 CET 2021

Am 22.02.21 um 11:06 schrieb Knut Krueger:
> I was suggested: "A citation in the Description file is typically a good
> idea because people can think  whether your package is appropriate
> before reading all docs and installing the package, just from reading
> the CRAN overview page."
>
> but I do not find hints how to implement the doi and the references in
> the DESCRIPTION file
>
> Thank's in advance Knut

If you are submitting to CRAN, the relevant guidelines can be found in
the repository policies at
https://CRAN.R-project.org/web/packages/policies.html:

> Citations in the ‘Description’ field of the DESCRIPTION file should be in author-year style, followed by a DOI or ISBN for published materials, or a URL otherwise. Preferably, the year and identifier would be enclosed, respectively, in parentheses and angle brackets.

Example: Einstein et al. (1935) <doi:10.1103/PhysRev.47.777>.

Best regards,

	Sebastian Meyer