[R-pkg-devel] Cache in vignette not working when checking a package

Thierry Onkelinx th|erry@onke||nx @end|ng |rom |nbo@be
Mon Feb 1 20:09:31 CET 2021

That will be hard to do without your package. Note that I've suggested a
work around in my first reply.

ir. Thierry Onkelinx
Statisticus / Statistician

Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE AND
FOREST
Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
www.inbo.be

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
~ John Tukey
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

<https://www.inbo.be>

Op ma 1 feb. 2021 om 19:51 schreef Jose Barrera <jose.barrera using isglobal.org>:

> [...]
> utilización, divulgación y/o copia sin autorización está prohibida por la
> legislación vigente. Si ha recibido este mensaje por error, le rogamos lo
> comunique inmediatamente por esta misma vía y proceda a su destrucción.
>
> PROTECCIÓN DE DATOS. Sus datos de carácter personal utilizados en este
> envío, incluida su dirección de e-mail, forman parte de ficheros de
> titularidad de la Fundación ISGlobal  para cualquier finalidades de
> contacto, relación institucional y/o envío de información sobre sus
> actividades. Los datos que usted nos pueda facilitar contestando este
> correo quedarán incorporados en los correspondientes ficheros, autorizando
> el uso de su dirección de e-mail para las finalidades citadas. Puede
> ejercer los derechos de acceso, rectificación, supresión, limitación del
> tratamiento, portabilidad y oposición dirigiéndose a *lopd using isglobal.org
> <lopd using isglobal.org>* . Política de privacidad en *www.isglobal.org
> <http://www.isglobal.org/>*.
>

> El lun, 1 feb 2021 a las 19:42, Thierry Onkelinx (<
> thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be>) escribió:
>
>> Probably because the cache is not installed into the package. I'd check
>> the tar.gz file to see if the cache is present.
>>
>> ir. Thierry Onkelinx
>> Statisticus / Statistician
>>
>> Vlaamse Overheid / Government of Flanders
>> INSTITUUT VOOR NATUUR- EN BOSONDERZOEK / RESEARCH INSTITUTE FOR NATURE
>> AND FOREST
>> Team Biometrie & Kwaliteitszorg / Team Biometrics & Quality Assurance
>> thierry.onkelinx using inbo.be
>> Havenlaan 88 bus 73, 1000 Brussel
>> www.inbo.be
>>

>> ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>> To call in the statistician after the experiment is done may be no more
>> than asking him to perform a post-mortem examination: he may be able to say
>> what the experiment died of. ~ Sir Ronald Aylmer Fisher
>> The plural of anecdote is not data. ~ Roger Brinner
>> The combination of some data and an aching desire for an answer does not
>> ensure that a reasonable answer can be extracted from a given body of data.
>> ~ John Tukey
>>
>> ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
>>
>> <https://www.inbo.be>
>>

>> Op ma 1 feb. 2021 om 19:01 schreef Jose Barrera <
>> jose.barrera using isglobal.org>:
>>
>>> Dear Thierry,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your advice. However, I would like to understand why when I
>>> build the vignette to get the pdf from the Rnw, it takes just 8 seconds
>>> once the "cache" folder has been created instead of the initial 4 minutes,
>>> but this time reduction does not happen when checking the package.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>>
>>> Jose Barrera
>>> Statistician, Associate Lecturer
>>>
>>> *IS**Global*
>>> Barcelona Institute for Global Health - Campus MAR
>>> Barcelona Biomedical Research Park (PRBB) (Room Hypatia)

>>> Tel. +34 93 2147383