[R-pkg-devel] Advice on R-forge to Github migration

Sun Jan 31 19:35:56 CET 2021

Technically, git does not record file history... it records commit history, and reconstructs file history as needed. The contents of a file identify it uniquely among all commits ever made regardless of which directory it was ever in. IMO this is the main reason why git is superior and I put up wth the inconsistent command line interface because of it.

git mv is very simple [1].

[1] https://stackoverflow.com/questions/1094269/whats-the-purpose-of-git-mv