[R-pkg-devel] Rdmacros as Suggests rather than Imports

Fri Jan 22 22:51:57 CET 2021

Hi James,

On 22 January 2021 at 15:42, James Pustejovsky wrote:
| Thanks very much for your input! By "patch it out" do you mean modify my
| package description for the Debian distribution only? Would it work to

And code / content! Can't just alter the DESCRIPTION if the Rd still call mathjaxr.

| create a separate branch of my Github repo with modifications for the
| Debian distro, and then submit that directly to Debian maintainers?
|
| I'm sorry for my naivete here--I'm just not quite sure how to proceed.

I attempted to lay out two alternatives:

 i)  where you remove mathjaxr, the Debian package just follows
 ii) where you do nothing but the Debian package gets altered ("patched")
     and then differs in that only it no longer uses mathjaxr

Hth,  Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org