[R-pkg-devel] Question about package dependency

Sebastien Bihorel Seb@@t|en@B|hore| @end|ng |rom cogn|gencorp@com
Wed Dec 23 02:43:45 CET 2020

Hi Neal,

The database is beyond specific in our case and for internal use only. External users should not be able to interact with it.

I will look into the Suggests approach.

Thanks

________________________________
From: Neal Fultz <nfultz using gmail.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2020 20:34
To: Sebastien Bihorel <Sebastien.Bihorel using cognigencorp.com>
Cc: r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: Re: [R-pkg-devel] Question about package dependency

Unless there is something Oracle-specific for your database code, I'd
recommend using the DBI interface instead - "enterprise" users can
provide an Oracle object to your functions, and other people could use
their own particular databases.

DBI itself could be a Suggests dependency if it isn't strictly required.