[R-pkg-devel] 5dff

Jendoubi Bedhiafi, Takoua t@jendoub|14 @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Tue Dec 22 05:42:17 CET 2020

I am out of office with occasional email access until the new year.

On 5 Aug 2019, at 15:51, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via R-package-devel <r-package-devel using r-project.org> wrote:

Hi All:

The recent nighty CRAN checks on one of my packages reports:

Check: data for non-ASCII characters
Result: NOTE
    Note: found 1 marked UTF-8 string

When  originally submitted this was not the case.  All my data files are .RData files,  and even more so most are binary data.  If they were text files I could readily scan for UTF,  is there a way once I read the data into R to do a similar scan from within R.  I just ran the most recent  (Github) version of devtools::check() and it doesn't report an error.  Or is there a way I can get more specific information from the CRAN nightly build or Rhub or the like?

Thanks,

-ROy

**********************
**********************