[R-pkg-devel] 9e5d

Jendoubi Bedhiafi, Takoua t@jendoub|14 @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Tue Dec 22 05:24:04 CET 2020

I am out of office with occasional email access until the new year.

On 25 Sep 2019, at 15:39, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via R-package-devel <r-package-devel using r-project.org> wrote:

Thanks all.  I asked because I don't want to unnecessarily overburden the CRAN maintainers.  In this case,  it wasn't a minor bug.

-Roy

On Sep 25, 2019, at 4:36 AM, Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd using debian.org> wrote:

On 24 September 2019 at 11:43, Roy Mendelssohn - NOAA Federal via R-package-devel wrote:
| A few days ago I  had to resubmit because an external URL I was using in my vignette changed and the nightly builds were issuing warnings.  This morning a user reported a bug.  I have the fix and a new version,  but the test machines,  and I suppose it will also be true of CRAN,  are unhappy about the interval since last submit.  Should I just submit the new version anyway with a note in cram-comments that this is a bug fix.

Yes: AFAICT these are recommendations to not overburden CRAN.

And I have hit two distinct types:

- more than six uploads in six months (which happened when an upstream
 package was hyperactive) which lead me to space uploads out a little more
 as "one a month should be plenty" indeed

- less than seven days since the last upload (which lead me to just wait two
 days on a very recent "better bug fix to a bug fix" upload I made, and
 then got me the very automated processing)

You can look in the R sources for what the cutoffs are (which is how I
confirmed it was 7) and act accordingly.  So yes, in sum, explain what you do
to CRAN -- and some human will generally do the Right Thing.

(And big thanks and kudos to CRAN for the increased automation documented in
the short update at the end of the most recent R Journal issue. Very
impressive, and very well done.)

Dirk

**********************
**********************