[R-pkg-devel] Used package not updated - needs java < V 11

Knut Krueger rhe|p @end|ng |rom krueger-|@m||y@de
Tue Dec 15 14:02:03 CET 2020

I am using in my Package XlConnect. If the Computer is using Java < 11
all is working. But if not, the package can not be used.

inside teh functions tehre is an ' @importFrom XLConnect createSheet
writeWorksheet saveWorkbook

but only used for additional comfort to use excel sheets

The package is usable without XlConnect if I change

Imports:  igraph,chron,gdata, XLConnect
Imports:
     igraph,chron,gdata
Suggests:XLConnect

but then I get the error

checking package dependencies ... ERROR
   Namespace dependency not required: ‘XLConnect’

Just now the new version is on my private repository and working with or
without Xlconnect depending on the java version

How can I submit the package to cran  until XlConnect is working with
java > 11

REgards Knut