[R-pkg-devel] submitting two packages simultaneously

jérémy Gelb ge|bjeremy22 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Nov 27 17:18:50 CET 2020

Dear All,

I plan to submit a package I created called spNetwork. The package
uses both Rcpp and parallelization to ensure reasonable calculation
time. However, it is currently not possible to pass a compiled
function to a child process. The recommended workaround is to store
compiled functions in an existing package. So I put the worker
functions using Rcpp in a separate package called spNetworkCpp and
everything works like a charm (all tests and checks passed). To submit
spNetwork to CRAN, how should I proceed? Should I submit spNetworkCpp
first, then spNetwork?

Thank you in advance
All the best,

Jeremy Gelb