[R-pkg-devel] Rglpk on Linux

Benjamin Becker b@becker @end|ng |rom |qb@hu-ber||n@de
Fri Nov 27 12:05:30 CET 2020

Dear R developer list,

I want to add 'Rglpk' as a dependency to a package. On windows and MacOS
everything works fine, but there seem to be installation issues with the
underlying optimization software 'GLPK' on Linux systems. The problem
occurs when testing on Rhub and on Travis (I don't have a local Linux
machine available):

https://builder.r-hub.io/status/eatATA_0.9.0.tar.gz-bbf79f5120bc435d89eb4ea3f5b62918

https://travis-ci.org/github/beckerbenj/eatATA/jobs/743971533

with the error message:

* installing *source* package ‘Rglpk’ ...

** package ‘Rglpk’ successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

** using staged installation

** libs

/bin/bash: line 0: cd: GLPK: No such file or directory

Makevars:10: recipe for target 'GLPK.ts' failed

make: *** [GLPK.ts] Error 1

ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘Rglpk’
I am aware that there are other/similar reports of Rglpk installation
problems on Linux (e.g.
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/25114771/glpk-no-such-file-or-directory-error-when-trying-to-install-r-package)
But other reverse dependencies of Rglpk on CRAN do not appear to have
these issues (e.g. mknapsack, MSCMT, npbr ...)? Thanks, Benjamin