[R-pkg-devel] checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... ERROR

Anthony Hammond @gqh@mmond @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 29 15:34:26 CET 2020

Hello,
I'm attempting to upload a package to CRAN and although it passes the R CMD
checks that I run, it doesn't pass the CRAN check and the response I get is
pasted below. I've looked online and found numerous solutions; some made no
sense to me & others didn't work.
I tried downloading and putting upquote.sty and inconsolata.sty files into
the latex folder. I also tried typing --no-manual in the project options
under R CMD check options.
Still the CRAN submission email response provided the below error.
What can I do to make this go away and have my package accepted?
It probably doesn't help that I know next to nothing about LaTeX.
Incidentally I don't mind not having a pdf manual, so if there is a simple
way to avoid the check by requesting not to have one, that'll do.

Kind Regards
Anthony

* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING
LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
LaTeX errors found:
! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char fl (U+FB02)
(inputenc)                not set up for use with LaTeX.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
* checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... ERROR
* checking for detritus in the temp directory ... OK
* DONE