[R-pkg-devel] Run-times of examples in vignettes

Helmut Schütz he|mut@@chuetz @end|ng |rom beb@c@@t
Tue Oct 27 12:21:00 CET 2020

Dear all,

is there somewhere an official statement about the maximum run-times of
examples in vignettes?

Currently I got for our seven vignettes on my six-years old machine 7.9
minutes. One of them (containing a lot of simulation code) take 7.1
minutes. Hence, in the submission we asked for --no-vignettes (on
Windows only). Interestingly on some flavours and operating systems this
was also observed, whereas on others not. What I don't understand: Some
zip-files (e.g. Windows r-oldrel) which state in the result-Flag
--no-vignettes contain not only the *.Rmd (what I would expect) but also
the *.R and *.html.
Since a while we submit the time-critical vignette pre-compiled, which
should bring the total execution time below one minute. Is that fine for
all flavours & OSs?

Helmut

--
Ing. Helmut Schütz