[R-pkg-devel] Warning on r-oldrel-macos-x86_64

Helmut Schütz he|mut@@chuetz @end|ng |rom beb@c@@t
Sun Oct 25 21:16:12 CET 2020

Hi Michael,

Michael Dewey wrote on 2020-10-25 12:54:
> Dear Helmut
>
> I think the protocol is to always bump the version number for a
> re-submission even when the first one did not get onto CRAN.

Agree. But in this case it’s already on CRAN
(https://cran.r-project.org/package=PowerTOST). Only this _one_ warning.
Shall I wait 28 days for a new submission with a new version number or
try to re-submit with an explanation? For my taste a new version with
only one line of code changed is a bit over the top.

You are right; maybe a lot of users are still behind R4.0.0. Though
stringsAsFactors = FALSE is new default, I will add it for simplicity.
Some call stating all defaults "good coding practice". ;-)

Helmut

--
Ing. Helmut Schütz
BEBAC – Consultancy Services for