[R-pkg-devel] details of CRAN's r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-clang

Jan Gorecki j@goreck| @end|ng |rom w|t@edu@p|
Sun Oct 25 10:00:31 CET 2020

Dear community,

I am getting an error on CRAN on r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-clang machine only:

  S3 method lookup found 'as.x.y' on search path

I know how to fix the error. I am interested to know how to reproduce
this error locally. I tried combination of
R_S3_METHOD_LOOKUP_BASEENV_AFTER_GLOBALENV_
and
_R_S3_METHOD_LOOKUP_REPORT_SEARCH_PATH_USES_
but didn't manage to reproduce the error.

What is the proper way to set up checks to detect these kinds of issues?

Moreover, I kindly request to provide "details" for other CRAN
machines in flavors page:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_flavors.html
"Details" are currently provided only for 3 machines there. Having
"details" for r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-clang would probably answer
my question without involving readers of this mailing list.

Best Regards,
Jan Gorecki