[R-pkg-devel] Licenses

Kevin R. Coombes kev|n@r@coombe@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Oct 22 16:21:26 CEST 2020

Hi,

I am developing a package and getting a NOTE from R CMD check about
licenses and ultimate dependencies on a restrictive license, which I
can't figure out how to fix.

My package imports flowCore, which has an Artistic-2.0 license.
But flowCore imports cytolib, which has a license from the Fred
Hutchinson Cancer Center that prohibits commercial use.

I tried using the same license as flowCore, but still get the NOTE. Does
anyone know which licenses can be used to be compatible with the Fred
Hutch license? Or can I just do what flowCore apparently does and ignore
the NOTE?

Thanks,
   Kevin