[R-pkg-devel] puzzling CRAN rejection

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Oct 12 23:18:59 CEST 2020

Actually more than 23 minutes check time for a single package is really
excessive, can you pls cut that down?

This comes from

** running tests for arch 'i386' ... [509s] OK
** running tests for arch 'x64' ... [501s] OK

so only tests take 1010 seconds already.

I see that lme4 is a really important package that may justify some
extra check time, but this is really a lot.

Can you please reduce the check time in the tests? e.g. using toy data
and few iterations? Or by running less important tests only
conditionally if some environment variable is set that you only define
on your machine?

Best,
Uwe Ligges