[R-pkg-devel] puzzling CRAN rejection

Mon Oct 12 22:39:45 CEST 2020

On 10/12/20 4:34 PM, Iñaki Ucar wrote:
> You are right. I was too fast and didn't read "last released version".
> Then the only suspicious thing I see is:
>
> Overall checktime 23 min > 10 min

   I agree that's unfortunate, but it doesn't seem grounds for summary
rejection ... ?  (CRAN policy says "Checking the package should take as
little CPU time as possible".)  You may be right: it does seem to be _de
facto_ policy that any NOTE is grounds for rejection.  On the other
hand, this package has had NOTEs about 'installed size is <large>" for a
long time, which hasn't been grounds for rejection.

   cheers
    Ben Bolker