[R-pkg-devel] Windows builds not using latest BiocStyle version

Ayala Hernandez, Rafael r@@y@|@14 @end|ng |rom |mper|@|@@c@uk
Sun Oct 4 15:48:44 CEST 2020

Dear all,

I am writing because I recently found that my NutrienTrackeR package was having build errors, failing at building the vignette.

I could trace the error to a bug in BiocStyle caused by a recent change in knitr, which was also causing a large number of Bioconductor packages to fail building.

The Bioconductor team pushed a new version of BiocStyle which fixed the error in all platforms for all packages that used BiocStyle for vignette output.

The change has been reflected on the build report of NutrienTrackeR (https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_NutrienTrackeR.html) for Linux and MacOS platforms, but not for any of the Windows builds. Having a look at the build report for R-devel in Windows, it seems the latest build was done with R Under development (2020-09-28 r79268).

I am wondering if it is possible the Windows builds for NutrienTrackeR are failing because they are not using still the most recent version of BiocStyle, or if on the contrary I should rather just remove BiocStyle output to fix the error?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Best wishes,

Rafa