[R-pkg-devel] best practices for handling a mixed-licensed package

Sat Oct 3 18:02:02 CEST 2020

On 3 October 2020 at 09:54, Hadley Wickham wrote:
| I think this is a bit of an oversimplification, especially given that
| "compatibility" is not symmetric. For example, you can include MIT license
| code in a GPL licensed package; you can not include GPL licensed code
| inside an MIT licensed package. There are some rough guidelines at
| https://r-pkgs.org/license.html#license-compatibility.

One approach for issues such as legal matters is to consult subject-matter
experts which is why I pointed (in a prior private message spawned by this
same thread) to sites such as

  https://tldrlegal.com/
  https://choosealicense.com/

Dirk